Probates and Estates: Canton, Georgia, Attorneys

One of the most trying times in a person’s life is when they lose a loved one. The process of probating an estate makes that time much harder and more confusing. We are here to assist you in this process whether the deceased left a Last Will and Testament or not. Our firm has practiced probate law for more than 30 years and is capable of making this difficult time less stressful.

Our firm understands that the distribution of a loved one’s estate is a sensitive subject. In the event that an estate is not being distributed according to the Last Will and Testament of the deceased, there are steps that can be taken to correct this injustice. Our firm can help you enforce the last wishes of your loved one.

On the contrary, when an estate is being challenged for unjust reasons our firm will vigorously defend the estate of your loved one and move the estate through the probate process so that the family can find closure.

It is always prudent to have an updated Last Will and Testament, especially when children are involved. The Mason Law Firm, LLC can draft a new will or add a codicil to an existing will to insure that all of your last wishes are expressed.

1. What information do you need to have to make a will?

– In order to create a will you will need to know to whom you wish to give your assets, who you would like to act as the guardian/conservator over your minor children, and who you would like to carry out the wishes that are contained in your Last Will and Testament.

2. Do I need to file for Probate?

– Every estate is different and unique. Some estates will require probate while others may not. It is best to have an attorney review the estate to determine if it requires probate.

3. How do I make sure my children are taken care of?

– We recommend that you include within your  Last Will and Testament a “built in trust” and appoint a guardian and conservator for your children in the event of your death.

4. What is a guardianship and conservatorship?

– A guardianship is established when an incapacitated adult or minor child is not able to physically care for themselves and requires another person to make decisions for them.

– A conservatorship is established when an incapacitated adult or minor child is unable to handle their finances and requires another person to make decisions for them.